Cyber Security Awareness Month
Cyber Security Awareness Month is an internationally recognized campaign held each October to inform the public of the importance of cyber security. This campaign is focused on helping all Canadians be more secure online, by being informed and knowing the simple steps to take to protect themselves, their families, their workplace and their devices. The month is divided by themes which highlight different aspects of cyber security.
- Week 1: October 3-7 – Launch of Cyber Security Awareness Month and General Cyber Security with the Get Cyber Safe Campaign
- Week 2: October 10-14 – Cyber security for Small and Medium Businesses
- Week 3: October 17-21, 2016 – Cybercrime
- Week 4: October 24-29, 2016 – Internet of Things/Connected lives
- Week 5: October 31 – Cyber and Critical Infrastructure
- Video message from Minister Ralph Goodale
- Get Cyber Safe Website for a variety of cyber security resources, tips and tools;
- Cyber Security Awareness Month Toolkit which contains a series of visuals, infographics, videos and shareable images to help promote Cyber Security Awareness Month.
For questions or additional information please contact info@Getcybersafe.gc.ca.
- Date modified: